People hire security guards to protect their businesses and customers. The increased workplace risk makes the need for security guards even more important. Getting in touch with the right security agent, such as Rangers Security in Austin, TX, can greatly help. However, it starts by first understanding everything about security services.
Describing an Armed Security Guard
Armed security guards are highly trained security guards who use weapons or arms to protect those they are assigned. They are registered and have permits that allow them to operate. They are mostly hired in places with high-value products and services since these are considered high risk. Therefore, the arms and tools they carry to help them execute their duties vary.
Duties of Armed Guards
Armed guards have primary duties they ought to perform. This depends on many factors. The roles include:
- Conducting vehicle and foot patrols for any security and safety risks
- Threat assessments
- Preventing criminal activity from occurring, such as attacks, violence, hostility, vandalism, or theft
- Granting property and event access
- Providing help to and communicating with the members of the public
- Coordinate with law enforcement as needed
- Helping the management in security-related tasks as required
- Preparing daily logs and reports
- Safeguarding the personnel, property, visitors, and guests
- Conducting stationary and roving tours
- Respond to reported incidents as necessary
- Prevent unauthorized access to the area and items within
- Monitor a closed-circuit television for potential issues
- Document any visitors to the premises
- React with force (deadly, if need be) if the situation warrants
In most cases, the security guards’ roles depend on the man’s specific business. Only the basic duties and responsibilities remain the same.
Security guards are trained to help them with combat instructions. Some of the training includes risk assessment, strategic evaluation skills, using different security technologies, and using arms, among others. Note that each state has varied certification requirements.
Type of Business that Need Armed Guards
- Those that handle significant amounts of cash
- Those with expensive assets like artwork or jewelry
- Businesses that host large events with potentially unruly crowds, especially if there is a possibility of fights occurring
- Businesses located in places with increased crime rates
- Businesses that accommodate many people, i.e. apartment complexes, assisted living homes, schools, entertainment events, hotels, or medical facilities
Benefits of Hiring Armed Security Guards
You can benefit from having armed security guards in different ways, including:
- Enhanced customer service
- enhanced monitoring services
- Smooth operations
- Peace of mind
- Controlled work environments with no emergencies
- Reduced crime scenarios at your workplace
Besides the benefits of hiring armed guards, you want to ensure you take the necessary measures to retain them. It starts by first finding the right guard. This can be done in the following ways.
- Armed guard license
- Conduct background checks and experience
- Hiring your armed security guards from armed security companies
But how do you ensure that the company you are working with is the right one:
- Consider their reputation and expertise
- Factor in testimonials and reviews
- Carry out extensive research and only settle for the highest caliber of security experts
- Find a team with the capabilities to accommodate your needs
Hiring a company like Ranger Security in Austin, TX, is a good idea. They have been tested and tried and are a fit.